Index.dat Analyzer is a tool to view, examine and delete contents of index.dat files. Index.dat files are hidden files on your computer that contain all tracks of your online activity, where have you been on internet, what sites you visited, list of URL-s, files and documents you recently accessed. Index.dat files stored on your computer are obviously a potential privacy threat as they can be found and viewed without your knowledge.
Why they exists?
Only Microsoft knows that for sure. According to them they are used to cache visited web sites and speed up Internet Explorer. The problem with this is it ‘ s simply not true: index.dat are hidden files that do not contain an actual web cache other than informations about your browsing habbits, they can ‘ t be deleted in any regular ways and there is absolutely no prove that those files in any way can speed up your browsing experience â€“ they just sit there hidden and record where you have been on internet, simply as that.
Can I get rid of them safely?
Yes. Download and install our Index.dat Analyzer, and delete the evidence entries you want to get rid off. No harm to your system or OS can be made, everything will continue to function as if was prior to deleting them.
File Size: 910 KB
Incoming keywords for the article:
- index dat analyzer portable
- portable index dat analyzer
- index dat analyzer
- Powered by ArticleMS from ArticleTrader free software for palm
- Powered by ArticleMS from ArticleTrader track and field
- index dat analyzer freeware
- Powered By Pligg track and field
- Powered by ArticleMS from ArticleTrader palm os software
- index dat
- Powered By Pligg speed up internet connection